MT CARMEL CHURCH
21 / 22 February 2015
- Today is the 1st Sunday of Lent.
- Stations of the Cross during Lent will be as follows:
In Marathi on Tuesdays
In Konkani on Thursdays
In English on Fridays
All will begin at 6.45 p.m. followed by Mass
This Friday, 27th Feb, the Way of the Cross will be conducted by the Family Cell.
- We will be having LENTEN MISSIONS in our parish from tomorrow i.e. Sunday, 22nd immediately after the evening Mass and from Monday, 23rd to Saturday, 28th from 8.00 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. These missions will be on ‘The Eucharist and Family’ based on this year’s Theme. They will be preached by our own Diocesan Priests. Please do come in large numbers.
- Lenten Alms is one of our duties during the Season of Lent. Lenten Alms in our Archdiocese goes to the maintenance of the Seminary and the Seminarians. Hence we need to support the Seminary. The money that we save by fasting and abstinence during Lent should be put in as Lenten Alms. Cheques should be drawn in favour of ‘Archdiocese of Bombay’
Envelopes are being distributed today. Please puts in your contributions and drop them in the boxes marked ‘LENTEN ALMS’
These boxes will be kept till Pentecost Sunday, 24th May’15 I am sure you will be generous as you always are.
- Application Forms for our Parish Jr K G will be distributed on Wednesday, 25th Feb’15. For details, see the notice board.
- The Ladies Sodality (English Section) will be having a sale of sweets/ snacks and pickles on Saturday, 28th Feb after the evening Mass and on Sunday, 1st March after all the Masses. Kindly patronize the sale. Please bring your own carry bags.
- Mobai Gaothan Panchayat is holding their Annual Rally on Sunday, 1st March at 11.15 a.m. starting from our church compound to St Peter’s Church grounds. All are welcome.
- Women’s Day will be celebrated on Sunday, 8th March’15 from 5.30 p.m. to 8.00 p.m. at St Stanislaus grounds. The highlight of the evening is a musical dance-drama presentation ‘SHE & HE’ which unites people from all across Mumbai. It promises to be fun thought provoking and energizing. Passes at Rs 20/- per head are available with the Family Cell members today in their stall and in the Parish office during the week. This programme is open to all, men, women and children.
- We thank you for collections made on Saturday, evening and. on Sunday which amounted to `45,270 /- and which is for the Mt Carmel Church Trust.
- Please see the notice board for the following:
- Fr Errol Fernandes SJ is conducting a Net Retreat from March 23rd till Easter Sunday. A few hand bills are available at the Examiner Stall.
- Time and Talents Club presents The High Standards Concert featuring Gary Lawyer and Louiz Bank
- St Theresa’s Church is organizing Lenten Mission from 2nd to 8th March’15.
- ‘Ageing Gracefully’ A Recollection by Fr Allwyn Misquitta for Senior Citizens at St Peter Church, Bandra on Thursday, 26th February’15.
- The Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India, has made provision for free coaching for Minority students who wish to answer the Maharashtra MBA / MMS CET 2015 examination scheduled for March 14th and 15th , 2015
- Change of Heart a Retreat for Married Couples at the Retreat House from 27th to 29th March’15
- Job Vacancies
Fr William Athaide